• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BUG: "currently unable to send your message. It will be sent automatically when service is available"

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
Still having this issue randomly. Even with a Z Flip 4. Eventually texting breaks, and all messages stuck 'pending' with the toast message being in the thread title showing. In each case, I have full bars of either 5G+ or LTE+, and data and calling works. I just lose SMS. I'm not alone, as multiple Samsung phones I've owned sporting OneUI do this, and my girlfriend recently had this happen to her A52 5G as well. I prefer the Samsung SMS client overall since you can use custom wallpapers, and it being departed from Google, so I'd rather not change it. The only solution so far is to completely reboot the phone. Unfortunately, doing this also corrupts a lot of my custom widgets and I have to remove and re-add them or they show 'problem loading widget' so that simple reboot equates to an hour plus of reconfiguring my home screens. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Calling Samsung is useless, as they are like any form of modern 'tech support' aka automated crap with very bad at English Indians who think the solution to all the world's problems is 'have you turned off yer dewice and turned it back onnn?'

As I stated, that is the only solution. Unfortunately, that also means an hour plus reconfiguring my home screen widgets since they fail to reload properly after a restart, all of them showing 'problem loading widget' (many are from Android 2.3 days) so that's just so cumbersome. It's happening across the board though, and I'd be curious what the real problem actually is, since it only affects SMS, nothing else. MMS will still work as well, just SMS fails. Since I obviously have service, there is no logical reason why that particular portion fails.

Upvote 0
Android 13 ....

sneer

Upvote 0
This was happening with Android 12 on the S20 FE I had two years ago too. It's a One UI thing across the board.

But if it were possible to root and put Android 2.3 on this thing, I would have by now. I hate modern Android and went out of my way to skin it to look like Android 2.3 and Sense 3.x, with TouchWiz notifications/ringtones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones