• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can Someone Help I Need To remove Digitizer

NayGetMoney

Apr 27, 2011
I Have A Bad Digitizer And I Believe This Is Because My Baby Sister ( TERRIBLE 2 ) Made her way Into My Purse And Pulled It Out And Slobbed All Over It. i Dried it Off And Everything Everything Is Working Fine But My Digitizer Got Wet And I Need To dry It Off. Because Everytime i Try And Use It It Moves to the Left For EVERYTHING I Cant Send Text Messages And When Im On The HomeScreen It Always Goes To The Last Screen On The Left Can Anyone Tell Me Instructions On How To Move It So I Can Dry It Off. i Knoe This Is Very Dangerous BUt Im Willing To Give It A Try :thinking:

Finally, i'm not the only "mean" guy.
Now i don't want this to end on a sour note, but if i remember correctly you had a difficult time making software alterations(roms) to your phone and now you want to attempt to take the thing apart. Again, i'm not being mean but i think you need to acknowledge your limitations.

Upvote 0
Honestly i havent asked you all to reply with rude comments and what is the difference if im writing every word with a caps on it . it makes NO Difference and has NOTHING to do with the actual situation . but thanks to you guys not helping i figured it out on my own and its working PERFECT . thankyou VERY Much . maybe you guys shouldnt be on here if this is how you are when you are answering questions . next time i will note on my next thread MoneyHoarder87 and pipe to please do not respond because its ridiculous ! So Mmkaee Bye !

Upvote 0
The caps make it difficult for people to read and attempt to resolve your problem. Again i stated that i was not trying to be mean or rude. Properly typed and placed questions will have a better chance of being answered quickly. I apologize if you were offended by my statements. If i did not burn a bridge here, how did you resolve the problem, incase someone else happens to run into a similar situation?

Upvote 0
The caps make it difficult for people to read and attempt to resolve your problem. Again i stated that i was not trying to be mean or rude. Properly typed and placed questions will have a better chance of being answered quickly. I apologize if you were offended by my statements. If i did not burn a bridge here, how did you resolve the problem, incase someone else happens to run into a similar situation?

I Simply took the digitizer out using the right tools cleaned it , poured out the remaining water , dried it carefully without touching the lcd , and replaced it carefully and waited for about 5 mins or so and turned it back on and now it is working perfectly :D but dont touch the lcd or else your phone is ruined .

Upvote 0
Grabs chair and popcorn with a large Coke, tapout fight about to begin....:D

Takes bets :D

WTF are you 12? No adult types every other letter in caps and no one is going to take you serious and help you when you purposely try to look cute with your typing like a mfing 12yo.

PlayfulGod comes out of his corner with a massive pimp slap! :eek:

Lol.. sorry couldnt resist :)

Upvote 0
WTF is goin on here?? :D Anyways, just to add something productive to this thread, I remember reading on Lifehacker that putting wet electronics into rice works.. Actually, here is the link..

Testimonial: Rice Resurrects Even the Most Soaked of Gadgets - Lifehacker

But hell with an old dumb phone after it took a dive in the pool I went as far as taking the battery out, wrapping it in a towel and setting it on the oven door with it on low.. cooked about 30 minutes i believe and was back in business lol.. Dont know if i'd trust doing this to my ascend though :)

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
you wild...lmao good one!
Her question hasnt been posted all that long either n as soon as digitizer was mentioned they jumped all over it dbl posting up a storm. I dont mean to be crude. rude, or wtfe you wanna call it. But no one here gets paid to help anyone here. Everyone does it because they want to for FREE. So being disrespectful at the slightest bit of humor used, I get a lil irritated. Especially when the OP types like a 12yo and gets pissed because no one wants to decipher their BS typing.

Upvote 0
WTF is goin on here?? :D Anyways, just to add something productive to this thread, I remember reading on Lifehacker that putting wet electronics into rice works.. Actually, here is the link..

But hell with an old dumb phone after it took a dive in the pool I went as far as taking the battery out, wrapping it in a towel and setting it on the oven door with it on low.. cooked about 30 minutes i believe and was back in business lol.. Dont know if i'd trust doing this to my ascend though :)

yep, but the best rice to get is uhhh UNCLE BEN'S RICE roflmao!!!!

Upvote 0

About the same procedure was use back in the day on the razrs when ppl insisted on talking way using the bathroom n dropping them in the toilet. At least I can sympathize with the OP, cant always control a 2yo lol.

Upvote 0
About the same procedure was use back in the day on the razrs when ppl insisted on talking way using the bathroom n dropping them in the toilet. At least I can sympathize with the OP, cant always control a 2yo lol.

lol.. true.. and in 32 years i've only dropped one in the toilet.. and that was only cause i forgot it was strapped to board shorts lol.. plenty got soaked.. phone always lived but battery life was shot.. nextel had awesome insurance for 3 a month.. just sent you a new phone.. anyways.. rambling :D

Upvote 0
Her question hasnt been posted all that long either n as soon as digitizer was mentioned they jumped all over it dbl posting up a storm. I dont mean to be crude. rude, or wtfe you wanna call it. But no one here gets paid to help anyone here. Everyone does it because they want to for FREE. So being disrespectful at the slightest bit of humor used, I get a lil irritated. Especially when the OP types like a 12yo and gets pissed because no one wants to decipher their BS typing.

common courtesy..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones