• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone tell me what's up with 6P and T-Mobile?

hrod19

Lurker
Oct 19, 2016
So I got a Nexus 6P and run it on my T-Mobile. At first all seemed fine, but within the last month I started having issues with connecting to the network and making calls or using data. Mostly it was the exclamation mark next to the signal bar or it was just straight no signal (emergency calls only)
After the most recent update to Beta nougat today (I thought it might help my situation) It still has issues. Instead of exclamation mark, its an X. It's not all the time and it goes away for no reason sometimes. I try and restart it all the time, but it doesn't seem to help, and if so, only helps for a short while.

Looking back I figure it started after one of the updates a month ago. I don't keep track or know much about the updates except that I accept them when I'm prompted. Like today when I went to 7.1.1.
I know about the APN and it's settings so I've been online on other peoples forums, on TMobiles site, on the phone with Tmobile, and direct chat with tmobile. I've tried a few different settings and helps for a bit, but then loos service again. (Again, I don't loose the bars ll the time, it just wont let me use dat or make calls)

To sum up, I've played with the APN settings but I still get the same problem eventually. Can anyone give me some helpful input on this? I'm out of contract, so a few more days of this problem and I will think about switching carriers. Which I don't want to do since Ive never had problems with them before and have a really good monthly rate plan grandfathered in with them.
I just hope theres a simple and common fix for this I haven't seen yet.
HELP please.
Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones