• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you help me find a very specific bar code app?

Loopy

Lurker
Oct 21, 2010
I'm a listmaker for The Grocery Game so each week I take in hundreds of available coupons into the store then check the price of each item, handwriting the size of the product, normal price, sale price, and end date of the sale. All of those things are imbedded into the shelf tag or sale tag and I thought if I could find an app that would scan the bar code and grab that information, I could breeze through the store - right now it takes several hours.

All the bar code scanning apps I've found just either list the product and show prices taken from the internet or want to add the product to a shopping list. What I need is something that simply reads the bar code info.

Any ideas?

I'm a listmaker for The Grocery Game so each week I take in hundreds of available coupons into the store then check the price of each item, handwriting the size of the product, normal price, sale price, and end date of the sale. All of those things are imbedded into the shelf tag or sale tag and I thought if I could find an app that would scan the bar code and grab that information, I could breeze through the store - right now it takes several hours.

All the bar code scanning apps I've found just either list the product and show prices taken from the internet or want to add the product to a shopping list. What I need is something that simply reads the bar code info.

Any ideas?

I don't know enough about this sort of thing to be sure, but I came across this:

Keyboard Barcodescanner, Free - Android app on AppBrain

Barcode Software / RFID Software / Mobile Tagging / DAQ: Barcode Scanner Keyboard for Android

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones