• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you run apps/games on two Android devices per account?

Im not a gamer but im guessing game/app data/progress isnt gona sync between the two devices so its gona be like starting from scratch on the tab(?) Or can game data be transferred without root?
(Im also gettin my 1st tab in the next few days)

Hmm, good thinking there funky:) I don't play games that much either and I suppose if the game progress is stored on one device, it will be like you said, starting from scratch on the other device. :hmmmm:
I can only guess.
Unless some game progress is stored in the cloud?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Keep in mind there are a handful of apps that are tablet optimized, so you may need to pay for the different versions. Swiftkey comes to mind.

Swiftkey actually has abandoned the Swiftkey Tablet and merged it into the new version creating only one Swiftkey app for both tablets and phones.

Anyway, all Gameloft games I think save game progress, as well as Com2US games and Gamevil Games.

Upvote 0
I have the Note 2, and if I can pull my decision making powers together, I'll have a tablet sometime in the next week or two. Is it ok to run/use paid Googleplay/AMazon apps on two devices associated with one account at once?

Yes, I can't remember but I think you can register with at least five devices.

When you reach a limit it will let you know so you can edit the list of devices, don't worry about it.

All the games are not synced. You'll have to start from scratch on some and you can continue playing for other games.

Some games sync online or offer cloud saving.

Not all offer this, however more are due to Google Play Services. With games that don't sync you still have to use apps like Titanium Backup to save your progress.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones