• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you use a .wav as a ringtone?

Reactions: MolBasser
Upvote 0
I had a zen-like wind chime for my sms notifications, but changed that to the star trek whistle/hailing thing. Irritates the whole office. Guess that one will change soon.

You might also market search for "south park" - Android has these little time wasters called soundboards, that's where I got my star trek whistle from - they have one for Butters, one for Cartman.

I also found Ringtone Maker in the Market - it's a RingDroid enhancement that deals with .wav files.

Reactions: MolBasser
Upvote 0
Wait....There must be a way to substitute "DRROIIDDDD" on boot up with "Ready to serve".

This is my new mission in life. I guess I need to Root my phone....

:)

MolBasser

You don't need to root to change your boot animation or sound. You just need the android sdk and be comfortable with a command line. There's a couple guides on the forum here.
http://androidforums.com/incredible-tips-tricks/93514-htc-incredible-boot-animation-guide.html

On a side note warcraft 2 was one of the greatest games ever. I have it running on a computer still through an emulator.

Upvote 0
Nice. Now I just need to sort through all those links to figure out what I need.

Lessee: Running WinXPpro SP3....Should be simple.

Thanks!

Or not so simple... I guess I don't really understand that site. Is Lame a program, or a set of instructions that other programs need. Is there a simple .wav to .mp3 program.... What the hell?

That site is confusing...

MolBasser

Upvote 0
This is why I love forums. Ideas and solutions just flow like water. I now have a free, easy, complete solution to my issue. It took a bit, but I have my answer. I am happy, and now, I have a cool new ringtone AND piece of useful software for file manipulation!

What the hell did we do without the internet? I've seen it (I'm 43) and I like the internet era better.

Thank god it did not exist in its present form when I was in college though. I never would have gone to class.....

At any rate, thanks to all who contributed to this thread and the solution to my problem!

MolBasser

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones