• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you use eris as just old fashion cell?

Now Verizon has changed to a three tiered phone type. Level 1 phones are basic phones that don't have the ability to access the net. Level 2 phones are those that have the ability to access the net and require a $9.95/month data fee on top of your regular plan and it's not unlimited. They won't allow Level 2 phones to not have a data plan. Level 3 are smart phones and, of course, require the "unlimited" data plans.

Wonder how many folks will jump ship with this new pricing...

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Now Verizon has changed to a three tiered phone type. Level 1 phones are basic phones that don't have the ability to access the net. Level 2 phones are those that have the ability to access the net and require a $9.95/month data fee on top of your regular plan and it's not unlimited. They won't allow Level 2 phones to not have a data plan. Level 3 are smart phones and, of course, require the "unlimited" data plans.

Wonder how many folks will jump ship with this new pricing...

Agreed. I work at a vzw store, and people get pissed when I tell them ANY touch screen requires a data plan of some sort. Some people don't want the net and they shouldn't be charged for something they will never use. Verizon needs to cut the bullshit and let people get the plan that fits their individual usage needs.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I work at a vzw store, and people get pissed when I tell them ANY touch screen requires a data plan of some sort. Some people don't want the net and they shouldn't be charged for something they will never use. Verizon needs to cut the bullshit and let people get the plan that fits their individual usage needs.

It's a scam to rape the public for every last cent they have... BS you need a data plan for this phone to operate. Verizon knows damn well that the phone is fully functional without the plan, and the data portion of it could be used solely in conjunction with WiFi, but then they couldn't tack on $30 per month (which doesn't include the additional $10 for texting, of course) onto your already ridiculous $59 per month (plus $15+ in "other charges"/fees).

These companies have been fighting Google because they want to WiFi the world and move towards WiFi enabled phones that make calls for lower cost to "free." I'd be against this idea if the cell phone companies weren't such greedy little fools with our plans.

Sorry about the rant, but I think cell phone providers and cable companies need to be knocked down a few pegs (I already disconnected cable). :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones