• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cancel default e-mail and turn off notifications

Dave46

Oct 14, 2011
Hi all,

This is my 1st post (probably one of many now) I've just got my first HTC phone sensation xe, having had an I phone for the last couple of years...anyway just wondered if anyone could tell me if I;m able to get rid of the default email and just have gmail? In hindsight I probably shouldn't have set both up, but couldn't get into my folders with the default one. Also can some give me an idea of how to turn off the notifications for the email as I don't really need to know every time I get one.

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my 1st post (probably one of many now) I've just got my first HTC phone sensation xe, having had an I phone for the last couple of years...anyway just wondered if anyone could tell me if I;m able to get rid of the default email and just have gmail? In hindsight I probably shouldn't have set both up, but couldn't get into my folders with the default one. Also can some give me an idea of how to turn off the notifications for the email as I don't really need to know every time I get one.

Thanks

Go into settings of default email and delete your account.

To turn off gmail notifications > Gmail>Menu>More>Settings>Tap on your Account Address which takes you to settings>scroll to bottom-Labels to Notify>Inbox>Ringtone>Select Silent which is under default ringtone

Reactions: Dave46
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones