• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot attach videos to MMS

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
My device is an LG Stylo 2 plus. I would have posted in there but it's like a ghost town. Anyway, I was trying to send a video via text this morning and every time, no matter how short it is, it always tells me the file is too big and to reduce the file size. So I made the videos shorter and shorter until I was down to three seconds and the damn thing still won't attach. I can't make it any shorter than that because I can't say what I need to say in the video.

Any advice?

An aspect to MMS that's a unavoidable issue is it's a low-bandwidth protocol, it simply cannot support transfers of high res media content. Because the different cellular carriers have their own very arbitrary file size limits for MMS attachments, as a general rule we need to keep them at 1MB or so. You're probably better off just uploading your videos to your preferred online storage (Google Drive, MS OneDrive, SpiderOak, Dropbox. etc.), obtaining the shareable link of your upload, and then just send that link in your text message so the recipient can use that to view your video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones