• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot boot into recovery

PhilMB

Jun 4, 2011
I have rooted my DHD today and am trying to install a new ROM.

I have downloaded CM7 but when I select to boot into recovery and install my phone just restarts as normal.

I tried getting on to the boot menu and selecting recovery but again it just boots as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can boot into recovery?

Thanks

You can get there manually if you switch off the phone and hold volume down + power to reboot. You should be taken to the bootloader, at which point you can use the volume keys + power to select the option to go to the recovery menu.

EDIT: I see you fixed it anyway :)

Upvote 0
The first boot is always very slow, but if it gets to 10 minutes then I would probably pull the battery and reflash the firmware. You can access the recovery menu as I described above to do this.

Did you do a factory reset before flashing? If you don't do one between major rom changes it won't boot. The only time you can get away without one is on minor updates to the same firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones