1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Cannot Get My Phone To Overclock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lord Nikon, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I installed the GNM 4 Turbo, with the overclock kernal on my Ally. Installed it through the recovery menu, just like I did to install Velocity. But, I cannot use it on my phone, no matter what I try. I end up with a kernal panic error instantly, or the desktop will load up, freeze, then restart, everytime. Sometimes I have to remove the battery to unfreeze it. My phone will only work at the stock processor speeds, but I want to overclock it. I followed instructions to the T, I have ROM Manager, and I know how to adjust the speed. But it will just not work on my phone. I see people going over 700 mhz, but I can't get above 600 without freezes and crashes. What can I do to fix this? I know the GNM is authentic, because I got it from the same page where I got the download for Velocity. I've cleared out the caches, restarted, everything. I need some advice, this issue is annoying me.

Advertisement

2. death2all110

death2all110 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
  3. seen03

seen03 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    You might of conveniently overlooked the posts about some phone's CPU's NOT being able to. OVERCLOCK PAST 600MHz.

4. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Actually, I did not overlook that. I was just hoping that maybe that wasn't the situation with my phone, which in the end, is my issue.

5. seen03

seen03 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    that sucks a oil bit...if u r under ur 30 days...return it, tellem its got probably n try to get one of the newest Sally's that've. Come in....worth a try

Tags: