• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot Get My Phone To Overclock

Lord Nikon

Oct 31, 2010
I installed the GNM 4 Turbo, with the overclock kernal on my Ally. Installed it through the recovery menu, just like I did to install Velocity. But, I cannot use it on my phone, no matter what I try. I end up with a kernal panic error instantly, or the desktop will load up, freeze, then restart, everytime. Sometimes I have to remove the battery to unfreeze it. My phone will only work at the stock processor speeds, but I want to overclock it. I followed instructions to the T, I have ROM Manager, and I know how to adjust the speed. But it will just not work on my phone. I see people going over 700 mhz, but I can't get above 600 without freezes and crashes. What can I do to fix this? I know the GNM is authentic, because I got it from the same page where I got the download for Velocity. I've cleared out the caches, restarted, everything. I need some advice, this issue is annoying me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones