• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot Log in. Please Help!!!

Dan8062

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me please as some people may know, when you dont know if something is an easy fix it can become very frustrating.

I tried rooting my SGS2 using ODIN.
I downloaded ODIN V.1.85 with CWM Recovery 4.0.0.2
When i downloaded these to my PC i was running gingerbread on my android and recently updated to ICS.

when i tried to root my SGS2 i had forgotten about the update and used the .TAR file for Gingerbread.

I have a backup of Gingerbread on Kies but when trying to boot into the phone it hangs at where the yellow triangle appears. i can boot into download mode and recovery mode and tried wiping the phone to factory default but upon rebooting the yellow triangle still appears.

How can i boot back into my phone :(.

Sorry if some parts dont make sense, or i have left some specific information out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Since you have already voided your warranty, I would recommend flashing the latest version of ICS for your region and then rooting it once you can boot into it.

Can you please tell us where you are from, specifically the region, if your phone is locked to a carrier or unbranded?

Any other detail you can provide will be helpful.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply.

Im in South-East, England. And it is also locked to Three.
Sorry, but im a bit of a newb lol, how do i find the firmware version, if i cannot get into my phone?
I wrote down some information before rooting, is this is?

PDA: I900XWLP67
PHONE: 1900XXLPS
CSC: 1900XEULP5
BUILD INFO: TUE APRI 3 19:44:49 KST 2012

Upvote 0
Are you sure you had upgraded to the right version of ICS??
Because I checked and I could not find a version of ICS released for 3 network. The info you posted tells that you had upgraded to the unbranded version of ICS for UK/IRELAND

I9100XWLP7_I9100XEULP5_XEU.zip

This file matches your CSC PHONE and PDA.

I would advise you to flash this to your phone.

Then use the following file to root your phone.
CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_LP7-v5.4-CWM5.zip

flash it in the pda section of odin.

This will give you the latest version of ICS for UK/IRELAND region (for unbranded handsets) as well as root access and CWM Recovery with CWM manager.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I have provided instructions for an unbranded handset and not carrier 3 locked as indicated by the info you provided. Exercise caution. Rooting and installinf firmware packages not meant for your phone voids warranty.

Upvote 0
Wait now im confused. The 2 files you sent me Forbidden, i download them to my PC and then which one goes where in ODIN?

The first file (the large one) is the official firmware package.
  1. First. flash the firmware package to the phone using Odin. Place it in the phone section of Odin and flash.
  2. Restart the phone and enter all settings and information and let it boot fully.
  3. Once all of it is done.
  4. Then again go into download mode.
  5. Now use the second file (the smaller one with name cfroot kernel)
  6. Put this in the phone section of Odin and flash.
  7. When the phone restarts now you will have root access.

Is this clear??

Upvote 0
I'm going to confuse things now. There its no need to flash the firmware as that is what you are already on. Just flash the cfroot kernel from either mine or Forbidenn's post (they are the same one)

Haha.. Leave the poor chap the confusion Shotty :p

I was advising him to reflash the firmware as I am afraid he has gotten himself stuck in a bootloop and while trying to fix it he has probably already ruined something.
A quick flash would avoid all problems.

But yes Shotgun84 is right as usual, if you haven't messed the the firmware you can just flash the cf-root kernel and all should be well. :D

Upvote 0
thats very clear thanks.

One more thing though, when i flash my phone with the big file, and use my backup i had made previeously... will i still have my phones information? (Contacts, apps, texts, etc...)

And will they still be there after i flash using the second file?

You mentioned that the backup was made via Kies.

IF you can connect your phone with Kies after updating, even after the second flash you should be able to recover your data.

In any case your contacts and calender etc are safely synced with your google account.

At the most you shall lose your apps and messages.

Reactions: Dan8062
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones