• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot make network calls when browsing web on wifi?

flapjacky

Jan 5, 2012
US
I ordered two of these phones. They're in transit and I haven't received them yet. Anyway, I have been reading a bunch of forums on how awesome this phone is. I was VERY excited. Then I came across this review on Amazon below:

"The biggest problem that makes no sense to me, is you cannot call or use T mobile network if your wifi (and not data packet) is turned on. This makes absolutely NO sense! Means, if you are browsing web or, if you have your home wifi available on your phone, you cannot call/ or be on network. The T mobile customer care told me, this is the case. This is utterly ridiculous and disappointing. any suggestions?"

Is this person a total dingbat? Why wouldn't you be able to make network calls when your wifi is turned on and you're browsing the web? I have an old T-Mobile MyTouch running on Android 2.2. It works just fine.

Someone tell me this person has no idea how to work a non-dumb phone (along with lame T-Mobile Customer Care with the wrong info). I woud like to know this bit of information to make the decision to return these phones before opening the package.

THANKS!!!

I ordered two of these phones. They're in transit and I haven't received them yet. Anyway, I have been reading a bunch of forums on how awesome this phone is. I was VERY excited. Then I came across this review on Amazon below:

"The biggest problem that makes no sense to me, is you cannot call or use T mobile network if your wifi (and not data packet) is turned on. This makes absolutely NO sense! Means, if you are browsing web or, if you have your home wifi available on your phone, you cannot call/ or be on network. The T mobile customer care told me, this is the case. This is utterly ridiculous and disappointing. any suggestions?"

Is this person a total dingbat? Why wouldn't you be able to make network calls when your wifi is turned on and you're browsing the web? I have an old T-Mobile MyTouch running on Android 2.2. It works just fine.

Someone tell me this person has no idea how to work a non-dumb phone (along with lame T-Mobile Customer Care with the wrong info). I woud like to know this bit of information to make the decision to return these phones before opening the package.

THANKS!!!

My phone is always on wifi when I'm home and I've yet to have any sort of problem like that in any way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones