• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cannot update rooted marquee to zv4

rooster411

Apr 11, 2012
Total newbie here. I used the one click root on my boost marquee. Worked perfectly. Yesterday I received notice of the sw update to resolve in call reset issue. Phone reboots and appears to attempt update, then starts normally. Root is still active and sw versionis still zv3. From reading here seems most are upset update is removing root access. Is my root access denying the update?
Thank you. Please be gentle. ;)

i have the same problem my marquee is rooted and i keep getting an update notification but it reboots, starts the update and say can't install update or get part way thorugh and stops .dumb founded .. im hoping the update will fix my issues with the android market ..be cause i can't download half the apps i used to after a factory reset ..say phone not combatible cant even download pandora any more ..any ideas.

Upvote 0
Nope. Been searching around. Not seeing too many others with same problem or solution. Called LG. They said they would have the update in hand in a few weeks. Sounded like if I do not get it resolved by then, they will take it in on warranty and straighten it out.
To remove root though, I came across Gingerbreak. It absolutely removed root access on my phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones