1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cannot update rooted marquee to zv4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rooster411, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Total newbie here. I used the one click root on my boost marquee. Worked perfectly. Yesterday I received notice of the sw update to resolve in call reset issue. Phone reboots and appears to attempt update, then starts normally. Root is still active and sw versionis still zv3. From reading here seems most are upset update is removing root access. Is my root access denying the update?
    Thank you. Please be gentle. ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kelopi

kelopi Lurker

once you update the marquee, the root would be blocked and never be able to re-root for now.

3. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Really would just like to return phone to stock status. Did the root for the wifi tethering, but really am not using that feature.
    Cannot seem to find a simple way to just return it to stock. The one click root is great. Was hoping for a one click return to stock.

4. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Just tried GingerBreak. Unrooted phone in one minute. Rebooted and is working fine. No trace of root.

5. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

ZV4 update still will not complete. Gets about 1/3 of the way into the update then shows an exclamation sign and reboots without update.
    Have done reset, removed battery for a while, root is gone. Cannot understand why update crashes.

6. nuggzy

nuggzy Lurker

i have the same problem my marquee is rooted and i keep getting an update notification but it reboots, starts the update and say can't install update or get part way thorugh and stops .dumb founded .. im hoping the update will fix my issues with the android market ..be cause i can't download half the apps i used to after a factory reset ..say phone not combatible cant even download pandora any more ..any ideas.

7. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Nope. Been searching around. Not seeing too many others with same problem or solution. Called LG. They said they would have the update in hand in a few weeks. Sounded like if I do not get it resolved by then, they will take it in on warranty and straighten it out.
    To remove root though, I came across Gingerbreak. It absolutely removed root access on my phone.

8. icekream

icekream Newbie

dont know if you have clockworkmod recovery but when i tried to update it rebooted my phone to CWM and it says aborted which would have nothing to do with root but because we dont have the stock android recovery

9. m7nba

m7nba Newbie

i unrooted phone by deleted superuser and did a master reset but still that v4 update wont work lg guy told me to take out sd card for five min didnt work
    if you guys find out how to make it work email me m7nba@aol.com

10. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Will do. Please do the same if you find out a way.

11. m7nba

m7nba Newbie

I did what people say deleted the superuser.apk and su.apk then did a factory and master reset but when i go to google movies it says this wont work because your device is rooted?

12. rooster411

rooster411 Newbie

Google gingerbreak. Download and use the remove root option. Worked for me.

13. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Moved to rooted section.

14. svz235

svz235 Android Enthusiast

I updated my lg marquee from boost mobile nd I didn't kno it was a new update because I got the phone a couple days ago. So now I have to wait till someone makes an exploit for ZV4.Can someone please let me know wen ZV4 can be rooted thanks :)

15. jmedno5891

jmedno5891 Well-Known Member

16. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Threads merged.

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews