• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't a user just delete the device policy app for Google Apps?

leemoreau

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
I'm confused by this app. I tried enabling a policy for users in our Google Apps account. Nothing seemed to happen on the phone so then I noticed that it looks like I have to download that Device Policy App which I did. It then sync'd and popped up all the required policies etc. However I could easily go into the app and click to not have this device managed by policy, and it also let me just delete the app entirely, thus deleting the policies. Even the official guide from Google on the app says the first way to remove policy is to just uninstall the app. So I'm confused, what's the point of it and forcing users to have passwords etc if they can just erase this app at any time?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones