• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't access Andoid Market

jw2k

Sep 1, 2009
So I've *finally* got my Desire after much hassle with T-Mobile, and it's shiney and lovely and new, but I can't access the Android Market :( When I open the Market app, it takes me to the page to set up my Google Account, I enter my details, it thinks about it for a minute or two, and then tells me that I 'don't have a network connection'. It asks if I want to connect to a Wifi hotspot, but I'm already connected to the wireless box in my flat. The internet's working on my phone, because I've been surfing the web and going on Facebook, YouTube etc. I'm probably missing something really obvious - can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
J

P.S. I've yet to see the '3G' icon in the notification bar... Don't know if that's relevant or not.

Hi all,

Sorry to ambush this thread but I have a problem with Android Market and its doing my head in.... So my wife got her HTC Wildfire yesterday, I have had my HTC Desire for a few months now and we are both very pleased with the phones.

Except for some reason we both are having troubles downloading ANYTHING from the market.

I have turned off wifi, cleaned cache, rebooted numerous times, done the whole gtalk crap and made sure I wasnt using gmail and only googlemail. I am running out of ideas now.

Has anyone been experiencing any problems recently? OR better still can provide any guidance on how to get these working as they should.

Does the Market have some sort of queing system? Or even a status page telling us whether they are getting a mass of us hitting their system at once?

Many thanks for any help provided.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones