• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access music files on PC from Android 7 Galaxy7 storage/emulated

nojudge2000

Lurker
Apr 17, 2010
Hi,
I've been reading tons of posts on this problem but none solve my problem.

I have music on my Samsung Galaxy S7 that was sitting on my phone (rather that sdcard where the rest of my music is). I used ES Explorer to move the files to the sdcard. I remember seeing "moving to storage/emulated/0 when the files were moving.

I can still access the songs on my phone. I can tell that my sdcard has a lot of data on it. Again using ES, I can bring up the song when I look on the sdcard. From ES, I can't find a way to click "properties" to verify the path.

So now I plug in my phone via USB to my PC. I want to copy a bunch of songs from my phone card to my PC.

Using my PC, I search on the sdcard for the song. (Special EFX - Serenity, if you're interested!). I don't expect to find it there bc I think it is sitting in storage/emulated which I know is just a link. No, it's not found. So now I do a search on the hard drive for it. The song comes up -- it is in phone/amazonmp3. (I have started getting my music from Amazon Music.) I think, hooray, I finally got it.

Now when I want to copy it to my PC from my phone, I get the message, "The device is unreachable". I know that it is not a problem with the cable, because the phone and card are showing up in Windows Explorer on my PC. What gives?

Is this a file that the PC doesn't have access to? Is there anyway to "unlock" that without having to root? Am I looking in the right place?

I appreciate any help you can give. You could say, "Well just go to Amazon Music via the PC and listen to the music." That's fine, except that I have all my other music (before I started using Amazon for music) on a data drive and I want all my songs in the same place on my PC.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones