• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't add google account - stuck at "Checking info..."

ronz2

Lurker
Mar 16, 2016
i had an error in the google play app, i tried to clear cache/data of all google play apps but it didn't work so i tried removing all of my google/email accounts. now when i try to add a google account it goes to the "Checking info..." screen with the loading bar moving, but it's stuck like that forever! can anyone help? thanks ahead!

SOLUTION FOUND: I had the same problem. After searching many articles and trying almost everything, i found a solution which worked.
From a separate device which already works with your gmail, disable the captcha authentication.. Then try again on the new device and it might work to not get stuck anymore. It worked for me :)
Details here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/gmail/bMmpO72tYQ0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones