• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Ver 9 & Google sign-in issue

Olive

Lurker
Sep 27, 2022
When I try and visit a website on my Moto (g) play (XT1922-2) Android version 9, Google asks me, "Signed in to Google as" It then lists all my email accounts and more. Any email account I select to continue to the website has the same result, A Google page giving me the option of "Remove account". I just want to visit the website. Any help would be appreciated.

Visiting a website I'd expect any interaction to be with that website, so I assume this is some site where you want to use a Google login - if that's not the case then what does "Google asks me" mean?

I assume that this is a problem with a particular site, so can you sign into the same website from a different device, or using a different browser? If using a different browser works then the problem is between that site and the browser you are using (unless it occurs with any website that allows you to log in via Google, in which case it's between the browser and Google's login system). If it won't work either using a different browser or a different device then the website is simply broken. Do you mind saying what website it is, in case someone wants to investigate the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones