• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't boot: Issue after attemping SD partitioning

Hey all,

I've got the ClockworkMod recovery on my Ally, and I've flashed ROMs a few times now without issue. Today, I flashed Velocity 0.3 and all was well with that. I then attemped to use ROM manager to partition my SD card, and after completing the process (followed instructions in the thread: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/192571-howto-partition-your-sdcard-a2sd.html), phone is not stuck at the Velocity logo screen. Logo is animated and also blinks every 5 seconds or so. Can't seem to get the phone to boot normally now.

Something went wrong, but not sure what! I can get into the ClockworkMod recovery, but am not sure how to proceed. I have the original SD card that came with the phone too, formatted that and tried to boot with that in...notta.

Getting E: Can't mount /sdcard error on partitioned SD card (the one that is seemingly messed up now).

EDIT: Panicked, but got a restore going as I backed up all my SD card data. SO, I'm now restoring from a ROM manager backup I made. Sorry! This post can be deleted. Just having one of those days. : )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones