• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect to data services after switching to vodaphone?

snowwhyte

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Hey guys! I recently came to AU from canada and was given a vodaphone sim with a data plan for my xperia x10. The data shows up on my balance, and my phone has "vodaphone3g" selected under network carriers, but all of my internet apps come up with an error saying there's no network connection. Any ideas?

This generally implies that you do not have the correct internet settings from your current provider. To confirm this please follow the bellow steps:

Main Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > You should have VFAU Internet listed here with a dot next to it.

If you do not have this particular access point listed, then please contact Vodafone directly and request that they send these settings through for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones