• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant copy from moto g8 power to windows 10.

ddmeltzer8

Feb 27, 2017
hey.

im not able to copy files to my phone.the phone is updated all over,as is my pc.when i drag .mp3 files over to phone(in windows) i get a popup that says (https://i.imgur.com/CiLRJ5D.png),and it just sits there trying to copy over but nothing happens.the phone is new and i have not tried to copy over to it before.ive tried it on 2 different pc's,nothing works.
i also noticed that when double-clicking in windows it says that the folder is empty.

i have an older moto g6 and it works fine with that phone.and theres no issues with windows. let me know if theres any other info i can give.

thanks in advance,guys.

Last edited:
drivers?i didnt know android phones had them.and i dont think ive ever installed one on a phone.
what drivers would that be?
your phone does not , but your pc will need updated drivers to be able to communicate with your phone. head on over to moto and see if they offer updated drivers.

also you may want to try other cables as well.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
your phone does not , but your pc will need updated drivers to be able to communicate with your phone. head on over to moto and see if they offer updated drivers.

also you may want to try other cables as well.

i dont need any proprietary drivers for connecting my other moto g6,have never needed it for other phones.
and ive already tried other cables,and it works just fine with another moto,same cable,same pc's.

Upvote 0
where do i find notifications bar?and i never get a popup on my other moto or other phones.have u had that happen urself?

Starting with Android 9 iirc everytime I connect a phone to my PC for the first time I get asked to allow access. Swipe down from the top of the screen. That is the notification bar. You should see one that says usb, click on that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones