• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant download apps from market

I'm having a similar problem - mine is stuck at starting download. Have tried cancelling download and restarting install, trying a different app and turning phone off and on again. Any more ideas?

Did that too but to no avail. Ive got another android phone and the same things happening, stuck at starting download

I think its a google marketplace problem, rather then the phone. It was working flawlessly last week on my Pulse mini phone now its playing up like this.

Very, very annoying. Anyone else experiencing same problem with marketplace?

Upvote 0
My fiance's Wildfire had this problem. Some combination of changing her google account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com and/or making sure it was unplugged from the USB socket of her PC (it was charging at the time) seemed to fix it. I had to cancel and restart the downloads that had "hung" though.

Haven't had the problem since.

Upvote 0
As the above poster mentions, Changing the email address to @gmail.com from @googlemail.com fixes the problem.. To do this, log in to your google account on your computer and change it via the settings.

The only gripe i have with this is, you have to reset your phone (which erases everything) so you can sign back in again with your modified google account which ends in @gmail.com

Reinstalling applications was an inconvenience, but that's the only way to fix the problem of apps not downloading as far as im aware.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
if i go to android market in my htc wildfire, what i can see is the screen of android market that says loading. then, after a few seconds, it will go back to my home screen. how can i fix this so that i can use android market features?
btw...pardon me coz im new to this forum and i still don't know how to start a thread...thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones