• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant find answer anywhere help! Black screen

spartak

Lurker
Aug 23, 2011
I was downloading a racing game on my Evo 4G. After the download was completed and the app was installed it asked me if I would like to get additional update and I said yes. I checked later that the app itself an the update are fine and not the cause of a problem since they are legit. The problem occurred i am guessing because when it was downloading that update, it had a sign "do not turn off until completed". Because I am a genius I did turn off the phone before the update was downloaded/installed. NOW the problem is when I turn on the phone it goes to my normal screen that asks me to drag down for unlock, as soon as I unlock the screen goes black. Its not dead, its just black. If I hold down the "home" button on the bottom left it will show me the recent apps that are ran but I cant turn anything else on. The screen is completely black and restarting the phone is not doing anything. Please help!!!!

Sorry buddy, but its over. I had something similar happen to me. Only difference was there was no rhyme or reason why, but my screen was black. As if the "light" wouldnt come on. The phone worked because you can tell when its open that it was doing things. I could even answer calls (couldnt see who was calling though). Hope you have insurance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones