• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CAN'T FLASH FIRMWARE! Android keeps rebooting!

m_kurti

Lurker
Nov 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy J4+ (Android 9). I was flashing a firmware with Odin3, when the electricity went out, and the flashing stopped. I got out DOWNLOAD MODE, and it showed me a screen: "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software". When the power came back, I reconnected the phone to PC and it started a reboot loop only in this screen.
I tried to enter the DOWNLOAD MODE again by pressing VOLUME UP + DOWN when the phone started. It asked me to continue or cancel, so I thought it worked, but after I continued (VOLUME UP), it rebooted again, in a infinite loop.

I tried to be fast in flashing the firmware, but it stays in DOWNLOAD MODE only for a couple seconds, and there is not enough time for ODIN to finish it.

I really need some help! If someone know any way to solve this, I would be really grateful if you could help me!

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones