1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't forward google voice call to my Virgin MT?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Allaneato, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

I can't setup my VM MT as a forwarding phone.

I'm not trying to get voicemail to work in a certain way, nor place a GV call from my android.

I just want the ability to forward the GV number flexibly.

Advertisement

2. cityoke2

cityoke2 Newbie

Did you verify your phone with GV, I know call forwarding works, but I also know that gv voicemail does not.

3. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

I should have said more:

I click on "Connect" to make the verify call, and nothing rings--in about 60 seconds it says it can't verify... try again. (which I've done about 5 times)...

4. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

I installed the GV app on my MT, did some setup hoping that would make a difference.

NO LUCK! Dang it.

All I want is to receive GV calls on my VM phone. It's the contact line for a sexual assault support group, so my intent is that someone always answer these calls without voicemail. Voicemail might answer for perhaps 1 in 20 calls, and I can deal with the non-integration.

5. -Todd-

-Todd- Lurker

You may need to verify at and odd time due to server overload, I had that problem and then check it one more time at around 3 am and had no problem. As far as and app goes I use GrooVe IP and it does make and receive calls, a lot of the apps let you make calls but not receive them.

6. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

I've tried to verify about 15-20 times but not at 3 am... I guess I'll try that.

I tried calling my VM MT from the call option on the GV page from my home landline, and it said "Invalid number".

It sucks how there's no support, response to forum messages or anything for GV. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you've been scammed and your out your money.

7. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I get my Google Voice calls to my Optimus V.

My settings on the app itself are as follows:
    General:
    Do no disturb - Unchecked
    Making Calls - Ask Every time I make a call
    This phone's number - ***-***-****
    Voicemail playback - via speaker

Sync and notifications:
    Synchronization:
    Background data - enabled
    Notifications:
    Receive text messages - also via the messaging app
    Voicemail notifications - checked
    Vibrate - checked

In my web based voice settings I noticed one setting that made a difference seemed to be under Settings -> Calls:
    Call screening on (this requires you to press 1 after you answer the phone).
    I had turned this off and I stopped getting calls to my Optimus, I haven't done a lot of experimentation with this, but give it a try.

8. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

Is it about it being a Motorola Triumph?

It didn't make any difference when I tried different choices for:

Call Screening [​IMG] On Announces caller and lets you listen as caller leaves a message
    Ask unknown callers to say their name
    Off Directly connects calls when phones are answered

Nor deleting and readding the mobile forwarding #. I haven't played with the Android App much, but I don't see much need for it. I don't make international calls, already have unlimited texts and even the voicemail integration isn't a priority. I need the incoming forwarding flexibility. Especially to my mobile, which is basically my one and only phone going forward.

9. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

I tried a different browser, nothing.

I didn't click "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" ... I don't want it at the moment but would that effect getting it set up?

10. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

Does your OV show up as a Sprint phone? I don't see a Virgin Mobile choice, nor would I expect to see that of course.

11. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I don't see anywhere that lists it as a Spring or Virgin Mobile phone in any settings, on the phone or on the web page.

You can't activate the google voicemail on this phone because of the lack of call forwarding support. I currently have my home phone (vonage) forwarding to Google Voice which in turns forwards to my Optimus V.

Once you have it set up you can give out your gv number instead of your VM number... If you can get it setup...

It is quite possible there is something with the Triumph.

12. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

There is a sprint logo next to the phone on the settings->Phones page..

Interesting: On the received calls page, when I try to verify, it shows a call to my MT. I noticed a "call" option on this received call notification, which will call my landline and the number in question and connect the two phones on a call. (kinda strange but ok, I get it). When I do this however, I get a busy signal on my landline calling the Triumph even though the Triumph is idle. Something is wrong there. It can't reach the triumph. I can of course call the Triumph directly from my landline and have no trouble generally.

13. Allaneato

Allaneato Member

Update: Something's fixed. My GV number now verifys and forwards as expected to my VM MT.