• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't forward google voice call to my Virgin MT?

I installed the GV app on my MT, did some setup hoping that would make a difference.

NO LUCK! Dang it.

All I want is to receive GV calls on my VM phone. It's the contact line for a sexual assault support group, so my intent is that someone always answer these calls without voicemail. Voicemail might answer for perhaps 1 in 20 calls, and I can deal with the non-integration.

Upvote 0
I've tried to verify about 15-20 times but not at 3 am... I guess I'll try that.

I tried calling my VM MT from the call option on the GV page from my home landline, and it said "Invalid number".

It sucks how there's no support, response to forum messages or anything for GV. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you've been scammed and your out your money.

Upvote 0
I get my Google Voice calls to my Optimus V.

My settings on the app itself are as follows:
General:
Do no disturb - Unchecked
Making Calls - Ask Every time I make a call
This phone's number - ***-***-****
Voicemail playback - via speaker

Sync and notifications:
Synchronization:
Background data - enabled
Notifications:
Receive text messages - also via the messaging app
Voicemail notifications - checked
Vibrate - checked

In my web based voice settings I noticed one setting that made a difference seemed to be under Settings -> Calls:
Call screening on (this requires you to press 1 after you answer the phone).
I had turned this off and I stopped getting calls to my Optimus, I haven't done a lot of experimentation with this, but give it a try.

Upvote 0
Is it about it being a Motorola Triumph?

It didn't make any difference when I tried different choices for:

Call Screening
109158364-help_dark.gif
On Announces caller and lets you listen as caller leaves a message
Ask unknown callers to say their name
Off Directly connects calls when phones are answered

Nor deleting and readding the mobile forwarding #. I haven't played with the Android App much, but I don't see much need for it. I don't make international calls, already have unlimited texts and even the voicemail integration isn't a priority. I need the incoming forwarding flexibility. Especially to my mobile, which is basically my one and only phone going forward.

Upvote 0
I don't see anywhere that lists it as a Spring or Virgin Mobile phone in any settings, on the phone or on the web page.

You can't activate the google voicemail on this phone because of the lack of call forwarding support. I currently have my home phone (vonage) forwarding to Google Voice which in turns forwards to my Optimus V.

Once you have it set up you can give out your gv number instead of your VM number... If you can get it setup...

It is quite possible there is something with the Triumph.

Upvote 0
There is a sprint logo next to the phone on the settings->Phones page..

Interesting: On the received calls page, when I try to verify, it shows a call to my MT. I noticed a "call" option on this received call notification, which will call my landline and the number in question and connect the two phones on a call. (kinda strange but ok, I get it). When I do this however, I get a busy signal on my landline calling the Triumph even though the Triumph is idle. Something is wrong there. It can't reach the triumph. I can of course call the Triumph directly from my landline and have no trouble generally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones