• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't get moto z battery replaced anywhere.

Are any newer androids coming with replaceable batteries now? I just may have to go to an iphone as that seems to be the only battery these mall kiosks will replace.

Bare in mind of course that these mall kiosk while-u-wait battery changer places, may only stock a limited range of batteries for phones that they know are popular, and iPhones are usually quite quite prevalent in most places, as are things like Samsung Galaxy phones. Or maybe it's Apple iPhone batteries need changing more frequently than Android phone batteries?

Frankly I've never actually seen a Moto Z, so I should imagine while-u-wait type places might have difficulty with it, and may have to ship it off to a Motorola Service Agent to have the battery changed.

Popularity of a particular phone will vary of course, depending on where you are in the world, like what country. I've got an Oppo R9 Plus that has a sealed battery, in China most mall kiosk places have no problem with that, in the UK...they just can't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Yeah there's how many iPhone variations compared to Android?

Well it's basically only one or two new iPhones each year, that's it, and mall kiosks are likely only going to stock batteries for the fairly recent ones, that people are still using. Android phones, it's thousands of variations. :D

Upvote 0
Stocking the battery is understandable, but no one has offered to order a battery for me.

The other issue is product familiarity and knowing how to actually do it correctly, without damaging anything else. I know of places quite near me, and all they're doing all day long is just changing iPhone batteries, as well as replacing busted glass screens on iPhones. They can do it in maybe 10-15 minutes. Show them something like a Moto Z, and it could "Sorry, I've never seen one of these before, I don't know how to do it.", or having to spend time looking at iFixit.com or something for "how to"s.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones