• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get rid of that ridiculous update notifiction.

Sylerxen

May 2, 2012
I searched all over teh internet and have not dound any solution to that stupid update notification problem. No me gusta. It just keeps popping up and its driving me nuts. I forze the system updates and device manager with Titanum and tried it with Rom Toolbox. I even tried to just installed the thing even though it wouldn't work because I'm rooted. It stayed away for a bit but eventually came back. I'm at a loss here. Any dice for anyone else?

Okay first unfreeze anything you froze trying to deal with this. Now go to Google play store and get an app like Autostarts (this one isn't free but it is cheap and there are others that are free i am sure). I am also assuming you are on a rooted phone. In autostarts in the section "after startup", there will be a few "Google services framework" listed. Look at each of them, and you want the one that is for update (it will say something like com.google.android.gsf.update in it). disable that one. Now get your root file explorer out (I use ES file manager). Make sure you enable root explorer and make system read/write. Go to the root and then to the folder labeled cache. In there shoould be the zip file of the update, delete it (then go back into your file manager settings and make system read only again (preventing accidents here). Now you can reboot and your phone should no longer bug you about updates. Hope this helps you

Codegerm

Upvote 0
I installed Go Notification and was unable to get it to work. I uninstalled it. Now the LED notification when a gmail arrives fails to LED. I am running 4.04. The phone is not rooted. I have checked and unchecked the Pulse Notification Light. I have reset gmail. I have pulled the battery and restarted. My sync is on, not many settings for sync. I do get sound and the icon in the taskbar. I have done some searching. Some do not like this feature. I find it useful. Am I just missing another tick box somewhere?

Upvote 0
I use Yahoo Messenger more than anything (my better half is in the UK). That's the biggest reason I picked up the warp & it was great being able to IM each other via phone. Now that I moved to the S2 I still get a notification sound (most of the time ), but the LED never flashes to warn me of a message (Other than a text or missed call - voicemail). Any Ideas on how to get Yahoo messenger & the LED to work together? Thanks guy's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones