• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't hear caller through phone. Help?

Paschal015

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
Hey, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 AT&T. Every time I use headphones the sound through the handset won't work for calls, ie I can't hear the other person. Speaker however does. I just want to fix the phone and then will never use headphones again. I will post a screenshot of phone during attempted call. Any help besides get a new phone would be appreciated. Have tried the obvious turn off and take battery out. Thanks

EDIT Can't post pics apparently

Hey, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 AT&T. Every time I use headphones the sound through the handset won't work for calls, ie I can't hear the other person. Speaker however does. I just want to fix the phone and then will never use headphones again. I will post a screenshot of phone during attempted call. Any help besides get a new phone would be appreciated. Have tried the obvious turn off and take battery out. Thanks

Hi Paschal and welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure what would cause that unless its a hardware issue. I'm moving your thread to the AT&T forum. Maybe someone there has a clue.

Upvote 0

hi paschal, i am new to the forum and plan to post a similar problem that i am having with my s2 i777 as well. i did find a workaround though. place incoming or outgoing call to speakerphone, then turn speakerphone off and then see if you can hear other person and they can hear you. this works for me, however still can't hear music through speaker, but can when plugging headphone into jack. bluetooth headphones don't work though. very strange stuff.

i did buy my s2 used (like new looking though) and so i hope it is a problem that i can resolve. an at&t store employee took a peak at back with cover removed (but battery still in place) and he pointed out a small little circle that is pink (just a little outside upper right corner of battery compartment) and he said it should be white. he said when it is pink (like mine is) this indicates that phone has gotten wet at some point and may be the cause of the problem. it seems odd to me that everything else so far works just fine and suspect some other cause -- which is hopefully recoverable!

i have checked the flash counter and it is zero (which is good) and have restored to the original unrooted KH7 (android 2.3.4 os) .. go to this link:

[GUIDE] How to Prepare Your Phone to Return to the Store or for Warranty Replacement - xda-developers

but still have these issues. i have since upgraded to ics 4.0.3 os (via kies on my computer and using usb cable) .. go to this link:

I just got the official ICS Upgrade From AT&T - Page 9 - xda-developers

and still have these probs. i'm hoping there is some file that i just need to restore (akp file maybe?) but am not real knowledgeable about all this stuff and am still searching web for ideas.

hopefully some of this info helps you with your probs .. worth a shot with that speakerphone work-around at least, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones