• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant log into snapchat on rooted device.

Slick

Oct 7, 2012
I rooted my device because i was having microphone problems. I edited the build properties and turned of the noise cancellation which fixed my problem. Now SnapChat will not allow me to log in since i am on a rooted device. Is there away around this? I am on 7.1.2 and there is an update to 7.1.3. I am assuming i will lose root if i update using the standard method through my device but will the changes to the build properties remain?

No your build properties might change. Remember the build properties does include your android version. There is only a slight​ chance that only this:'ro.build.version.release'

which contains the android version might be the only thing to change.
You could even search the internet if the new software you are going to upgrade to fixes the microphone problem.

Upvote 0
I am on 7.1.2 and there is an update to 7.1.3.

Unless I missed a memo along the way, Android 7.1.3 isn't a thing. 7.1.2 is the latest. That said, you're right: depending on how rooted you are (custom recovery, custom ROM, or just root on its own), attempting to install an OS update would either fail (due to a modified system image) or remove root for you.

If you're insistent on maintaining root, you'll probably want to look into Magisk as mikedt suggested. That may be able to hide your rooted status from any applications that ask about it.

Upvote 0
Unless I missed a memo along the way, Android 7.1.3 isn't a thing. 7.1.2 is the latest. That said, you're right: depending on how rooted you are (custom recovery, custom ROM, or just root on its own), attempting to install an OS update would either fail (due to a modified system image) or remove root for you.

If you're insistent on maintaining root, you'll probably want to look into Magisk as mikedt suggested. That may be able to hide your rooted status from any applications that ask about it.
You're right i was mistaken for a security patch. I don't mind not having root but i need my build property changes to remain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones