• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't make calls to Metro PCS phones

kgood00

Lurker
Aug 23, 2017
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, my provider is Verizon. Any time I call someone who has a Metro PCS (or very well may be anyone who doesn't have a Verizon phone) phone, the call doesn't go through. Instead it gives me a message that says something like "This is Verizon Wireless, your call can't be made. Try putting in the number and calling again." I didn't have any issue with this until today. My brother, who also has a Verizon phone, can make calls just fine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

As long as you're using 10-digit dialing (area code + number), it's probably a routing issue. Call VZW for tech support and have a NRB ticket filed. Please call from a different phone, if possible.

You'll get the usual questions... when did you notice it? can they call you? can you text them? And make sure you have the affected numbers ready.

And you'll likely get the usual steps... restart your phone, make sure apps are updated, and other (typically useless) stuff.

If it's been happening for more than 15-20 minutes, and you'd tried multiple times, tech can bring up the call records and see a lot of info (dialing pattern, cell site, errors, and more).

Out of curiosity- you're not in an extended/roaming area, are you?

source: former vzw tech support

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I dont think im in the correct forum? But I keep getting this error message every time I check for updates for the firmware on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge. No it is not with the "WiFi" as many people have problems with? It is when I go to check for firmware update. I do have nougat 7.0 already installed. But I keep trying to check for possible update to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2? But weather or not that update is or is not available for s7 edge? Still I dont think I should be getting this error message when I just "check" for if an update is available?
So can someone please help me? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones