• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S9 can't make/receive calls, possible VoLTE issue

syc0path

Lurker
Jun 27, 2022
As I mentioned in my other thread, my wife has an S9. I couldn't get MMS to work no matter what I tried. So finally I changed carriers from PagePlus (Verizon MVNO) to RedPocket (ATT MVNO).

Now MMS works, but voice calls don't:mad: VoLTE is required to make voice calls on ATT, so that setting must be enabled in Settings\Connections\Mobile Networks. The setting doesn't even appear. But I remembered seeing it before. After some testing, I discovered that the VoLTE setting is present and turned on when the PagePlus SIM is installed, but it disappears when the RedPocket SIM is installed.

Once again, the carrier's tech support advice is limited to reboot and reset:rolleyes: As if I haven't already tried that...

When trying to make a call, it starts the dialing process and then immediately says "call ended" as soon as u try to connect. When trying to call this phone, it immediately goes to voicemail.

Any advice?

Attachments

• 20220930_165947.jpg
    20220930_165947.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 20220930_170310.jpg
    20220930_170310.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 115

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones