• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant move apps to SD card on Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

I have a Galaxy tab A7 lite that I just use for my 5 yr old. It's literally just for little kids games. I have an SD card plugged into the tablet but I cant figure out why it wont let me move apps to the SD card. I go into tha apps settings, then storage, then change storage to SD card and it starts to move the app but then says theres not enough on the SD card to move it.

I remember like 4-5 years ago there was an app that let me mount the SD card as the internal storage and that's how I moved apps around. Do i need to do something like that here??

i don't have the tab a7 lite, but it should be something like settings>battery and device care>storage>format as internal storage.

now this will erase anything already stored on the card. so back those up first onto your computer.

Oh yeah I know how to do that... But it doesn't give me the option to format as internal. It only says "format"

Upvote 0
Oh yeah I know how to do that... But it doesn't give me the option to format as internal. It only says "format"
not all devices can do this. so if the option is not there then you cannot setup the card as internal. so you can't fully move apps to the sd card.

try formatting the card again. and just an fyi not all apps can be moved to the sd card and those that do, move only portions of the app to the card....mainly it's data.

Upvote 0
not all devices can do this. so if the option is not there then you cannot setup the card as internal. so you can't fully move apps to the sd card.

try formatting the card again. and just an fyi not all apps can be moved to the sd card and those that do, move only portions of the app to the card....mainly it's data.

Do you remember the last version of Android that you could format the card as internal?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones