• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7 help!

TammComp

Lurker
Jun 29, 2023
I have a client's Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7, Model SM-T220 that I had to do a factory reset on because they do not remember the password and cannot do a reset because they do not have access to the recovery email or phone. After the reset, it still requires an unlock pattern on login to the account to finish the reset. Is there any way around this?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I have a client's Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7, Model SM-T220 that I had to do a factory reset on because they do not remember the password and cannot do a reset because they do not have access to the recovery email or phone. After the reset, it still requires an unlock pattern on login to the account to finish the reset. Is there any way around this?

so you did a hard reset. hard resets will trip google's FRP (factory reset protection). this is a good security protection as you are finding out. the only way to unlock the frp is to enter the email and password that was first used when setting up the phone. if they do not have that info, then you will have to go online on a different device or computer and try and do a forget password for google. that's the only way to get back into the phone. if that does not work than you are pretty much sol. and be careful with what you find online. there are some programs that claim they can bypass frp. most of them are scams so be careful.

Upvote 0
so you did a hard reset. hard resets will trip google's FRP (factory reset protection). this is a good security protection as you are finding out. the only way to unlock the frp is to enter the email and password that was first used when setting up the phone. if they do not have that info, then you will have to go online on a different device or computer and try and do a forget password for google. that's the only way to get back into the phone. if that does not work than you are pretty much sol. and be careful with what you find online. there are some programs that claim they can bypass frp. most of them are scams so be careful.
That was what I was afraid of. Thank you very much for the info.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

Hi Tamm, the only right way possible is to enter the correct Gmail ID and Password of the synced Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones