• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't open Charge cards/folders on my PC

Just got the Charge 2 days ago and plugged it into my PC today. I'm running XP. In Windows Explorer I see 2 new drives with letters, but no names and nothing in them. When I try to create a folder in either of them, I can't do it.

The PC downloaded some USB drivers and said "your USB device is ready to use." In Device manager I can see a Samsung device.

I've tried mounting and unmounting the SD card; doesn't help. And like I said, I can't even see the phone's card.

Anyone have any ideas?

you need to download and install Samsung Droid drivers. They should either be on CD that came with phone or, if none, you can can get them off Verizon, or your carrier, or simply internet, or Samsung.
What WXP did was treat your sd card and phone as generic flash drive, and installed generic drivers for it. so you "see it but can't bite it".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones