• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't see rooted Hero Wifi Tether

side0ut

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,

Just got a new Acer A500 and when I tried connecting to my wife's rooted Hero wifi tether, the acer would never detect it. It found and connected to my Evo wifi tether no problem. Unfortunately, this means she cannot connect to the internet unless I am around. Was wondering if anyone might be using there Acer tablet with a Hero wifi tether. If there are any ideas on what might be the problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rich

I was told that it was because of the Acer A500 not being able to do Ad-hoc. I am trying to update it to the latest updates to see if anything changes. So far, I have done the 4.x update. Now just have to wait until the 3.1 is available to my tablet for update. In the meantime, I was able to find a work around from the other forums for Acer tablets. I downloaded pdanet tablet beta for the Acer and my wife's hero. Took a little bit of configuration but was finally able to surf using the default web browser. Just does not work with anything else. So no Market or Internet games.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones