• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't see the notification in messaging for "read"

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
Once I went from my Note 8 to the Z Fold 4, using the stock messaging app in both cases, I lost the ability on the Z Fold to see that my wife has read texts that I have sent to her. I think that I have lost other notifications, possibly "delivered". I get nothing now. Is there any setting in the default messaging app to get these features back? So far, I have found nothing.

Danny

Once I went from my Note 8 to the Z Fold 4, using the stock messaging app in both cases, I lost the ability on the Z Fold to see that my wife has read texts that I have sent to her. I think that I have lost other notifications, possibly "delivered". I get nothing now. Is there any setting in the default messaging app to get these features back? So far, I have found nothing.

Danny
For Meseenger+, Simple just force stop and put it as disable, and by a few days or so, have the reteriver does its little dance, open up the app again, and check into it,should download all your messegening.

Upvote 0

Danny

If you're using the stock Samsung messages app, it should be under Settings > More Settings > Text Messages > Show When Delivered > ON/OFF.

Upvote 0
I did not find any of the settinngs or categories of settings listed above, but in looking at my apps section, it seems like two applications are installed, but none were done by me. I flipped back and forth between the two, setting them as default. When I looked back at my wife's messages, the very last one (only) showed "read", so maybe it will start working for future messages.

Danny

Ok, I had my wife send me another text. I am now getting notifications as on my Note 8, such as "sent", "delivered", "read", etc., whatever they might exactly be. Toggling between the apps and setting them as default then going back to the original app, then setting it as default did it.

Upvote 0

Danny

It sounds like you're having an issue with the messaging app on your Z Fold 4. I can provide some general suggestions that may help.

First, try restarting your device. This can sometimes resolve issues with apps or settings. If that doesn't work, you may want to try clearing the cache and data for the messaging app. This will reset the app to its default state, which may fix the problem you're experiencing.

To clear the cache and data for the messaging app:

1. Open the Settings app on your device.
  2. Tap "Apps" or "Apps & notifications" (depending on your device, this option may be located in a different place in the Settings menu).
  3. Scroll down and tap the messaging app.
  4. Tap "Storage" or "Memory" (again, the exact name of this option may vary depending on your device).
  5. Tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data" (these options may also be labeled differently on your device).
Keep in mind that clearing the cache and data for the messaging app will delete any custom settings you've made, so you may need to set them up again after completing this process.

Additionally, make sure that the app is up to date. You can check for updates in the Google Play Store or App Store (depending on your device). If an update is available, install it and see if that fixes the problem.

If none of these suggestions work, you may want to try using a different messaging app. There are many third-party messaging apps available that may have the features you're looking for.

Reactions: sachertorte
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones