• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant setup school email? Help!

I am trying to link my school email account with my Eris and it wont let me. I got all the settings entered correctly, but it says it cant verify the account and to try again? And advice or suggestions?!
My blackberry I had before the Eris linked it up no problem.. Ive got to figure this out! Thanks! :thinking:

it can be either a pop or imap account.
the incoming and outgoing mail server would be "email.uah.edu"
Here is whats on my school site:

"Another way to check your email account is with a POP or IMAP email client like Outlook, Eudora, or Apple's Mail. The table below contains the information you will need to set up your email client to access your university email account."

Hope this helps..
User Name
Your ChargerID username​
Password
Your ChargerID password​
Incoming Mail Server
email.uah.edu​
Outgoing Mail Server
email.uah.edu​

User Name
Your ChargerID username​
Password
Your ChargerID password​
Incoming Mail Server
email.uah.edu​
Outgoing Mail Server
email.uah.edu​

I'm guessing your school email setup would be similar to mine. The problem I faced was that my schools email was setup as a POP3 for incoming, but I could not send emails, which meant it had to be setup as an SMTP account for outgoing settings. I have literally no idea how I got it to work, I just messed around with the settings for a while and it somehow worked. Heres my settings on the droid, im just going to use your school in the examples:

Incoming:

Username: email account (without the ending, i.e. uah.edu)
Password: duh
POP3 Server: mail.uah.edu
Port: 110

Outgoing:

SMTP Server: uah.edu
Port: 995

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones