• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't turn off vibrate?

kcombs816

Lurker
Mar 28, 2012
Hi there,

I have had my LG Connect for about 3 months now, and I have never had this problem until now.

I can't make my text messages totally silent. I have it on silent with the vibrate settings set to "Never", but still whenever I get a text message, it vibrates. I have tried changing the vibrate settings to "Only when not on silent". I have tried it on "Only when on silent" and turning the phone volume up and setting the notification ringtone to silent. Nothing works. It's really strange. When I get phone calls it doesn't vibrate. Only text messages, which is the only thing I want to stop vibrating!

Any advice? Thanks!

Are you sure you have both vibrate settings turned off? There are two vibrate settings. One in the main settings. The other is in the text app itself. Open your text app without openiing any texts and hit the menu key to bring up it's settings.

Mine is different. I have turned off SMS notification vibrations and it does well. But when I'm receiving calls, it rings and vibrates even if the vibration in settings is OFF.. help me please..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones