• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant video chat on google talk app

letsroll

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
i can no longer video chat with my friends using the google talk app on my phone. i have no idea why. the video camera icon is no longer showing up. it does show up online, using laptop on gmail but no longer on the app on my phone. whats the deal? ive checked all the settings on my camera and in google talk app and no avail. please help. i have software, 2.3.6 muc 6.2.0.3_b016_4, last updated on may, 2012
:thinking:

Welcome to AF, letsroll! I have had this problem in the past, its a problem with Google Talk on your phone not recognizing that you and the person you want to talk to are capable of video chatting. Try having the other person initiate the call, it will still ring on your phone, and the video connection will start.

i tried this and it did not help or work. i just downloaded tango and that works fine, so i know my camera is fine. so it tells me, google talk is all whacked, or some update screwed it up? it is still a mystery.... oh and skype works just fine as well. i am waiting to hear back from the google forums as well but no one responded, yet. thanks...

Upvote 0
Don't expect much from the Google forums, I stopped going there, because of lack of responses. You just get more people with the same problem complaining. Stick with non official forums if you actually want help. Try searching other phone forums too.

I have never used Google talk on an android device (use it on the computer a bunch, although less now that it merged with Google+), I normally remove it from all Roms before I even flash them...

Upvote 0
Don't expect much from the Google forums, I stopped going there, because of lack of responses. You just get more people with the same problem complaining. Stick with non official forums if you actually want help. Try searching other phone forums too.

I have never used Google talk on an android device (use it on the computer a bunch, although less now that it merged with Google+), I normally remove it from all Roms before I even flash them...

thanks for the reply. as of now i am not going to use it much, has to do with last software update or the merging to google plus i bet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones