• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't write to sd card android

Try removing and reinserting it into your device. But going read only is something SDs can do if they're failing and need replacing.
Hi! I just bought this SD card online and after around 2 days a notification that says "Can't write to SD card" appeared. Because of that I can't delete or move files into the SD card. I tried formatting the SD card hoping that it would be fine but the notification still appears afterwards. I unmounted my SD card for a month and thought that it should rest and I inserted it just yesterday. I thought it would be fine now but the notification still appears. What do I do? I don't want my money to be wasted just like that. btw, its a San Disk SD Card with 64 gb capacity and my phone is Samsung Galaxy A10s. pleasee helppp!

Update 13 min after: I turned off my phone, unmounted the SD card, and inserted it again. As I turned on my phone the SD card is now "not inserted" on My Files and I looked up to my settings and found that SD card is "corrupted" what do I do with this?

Upvote 0
Hi! I just bought this SD card online and after around 2 days a notification that says "Can't write to SD card" appeared. Because of that I can't delete or move files into the SD card. I tried formatting the SD card hoping that it would be fine but the notification still appears afterwards. I unmounted my SD card for a month and thought that it should rest and I inserted it just yesterday. I thought it would be fine now but the notification still appears. What do I do? I don't want my money to be wasted just like that. btw, its a San Disk SD Card with 64 gb capacity and my phone is Samsung Galaxy A10s. pleasee helppp!

Update 13 min after: I turned off my phone, unmounted the SD card, and inserted it again. As I turned on my phone the SD card is now "not inserted" on My Files and I looked up to my settings and found that SD card is "corrupted" what do I do with this?
what exactly are you trying to do?

just remember the more details you give us the better we can help

Upvote 0

Well It should work in a Samsung M20. But from what you describe it sounds like the micro-SD you've got is duff. And if you just bought it, return it and ask for a replacement or a refund.

I bought a 512GB micro-SD from directly from Samsung, put it my Huawei Mate 10 to store music, videos, etc, and it's totally reliable.

Upvote 0
Well It should work in a Samsung M20. But from what you describe it sounds like the micro-SD you've got is duff. And if you just bought it, return it and ask for a replacement or a refund.

I bought a 512GB micro-SD from directly from Samsung, put it my Huawei Mate 10 to store music, videos, etc, and it's totally reliable.
hmmm .. it think ur right, okay thank you for giving responses :))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones