1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Capabilities of Search function?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by awsl, Apr 8, 2010.

1. awsl

awsl New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I am planning on getting a Desire as it seems like a really nice phone. So I read the user manual on Legend to understand what it can do. There are some questions that I still can't answer, and I hope someone here can help.

I have all my contact and calendar info in Outlook 2003 and not in any online account. So I will only sync the phone with PC.

- can Outlook Contact fields like birthday and notes sync to People in the phone?
    - user manual said I can search on Last Name, First Name in People. Can I search in the notes field?
    - can I search for events in the Calendar? If so, can it search the whole database, or just up to X number of years in the past?

Help much appreciated.

Alex

Advertisement

2. serenity

serenity Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Hi
    I synched my outlook contacts and calender to google contacts and calender online first then they all came across to the phone no problem. I did this because the only option availble when plugged into a pc was to sync with outlook express. I have a windows 7 laptop and express isnt an option (microsoft mail as standard) but i use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and I didnt see an option for synching the info on that.

This isnt a deal breaker for me tho becasue I have now set up my Outlook to auto synch to Google calander and contacts which then is auto synched to the phone. I know not direct synching but it works well.

Also means I have a back up of all my contacts and calander should i leave my laptop bag with phone somewhere stupid!

Tags: