• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Capabilities of Search function?

awsl

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
I am planning on getting a Desire as it seems like a really nice phone. So I read the user manual on Legend to understand what it can do. There are some questions that I still can't answer, and I hope someone here can help.

I have all my contact and calendar info in Outlook 2003 and not in any online account. So I will only sync the phone with PC.

- can Outlook Contact fields like birthday and notes sync to People in the phone?
- user manual said I can search on Last Name, First Name in People. Can I search in the notes field?
- can I search for events in the Calendar? If so, can it search the whole database, or just up to X number of years in the past?

Help much appreciated.

Alex

Hi
I synched my outlook contacts and calender to google contacts and calender online first then they all came across to the phone no problem. I did this because the only option availble when plugged into a pc was to sync with outlook express. I have a windows 7 laptop and express isnt an option (microsoft mail as standard) but i use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and I didnt see an option for synching the info on that.

This isnt a deal breaker for me tho becasue I have now set up my Outlook to auto synch to Google calander and contacts which then is auto synched to the phone. I know not direct synching but it works well.

Also means I have a back up of all my contacts and calander should i leave my laptop bag with phone somewhere stupid!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones