• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate 2.2 users having problems with Beautiful Widgets?

Android26

Android Enthusiast
Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I updated to Froyo 2.2 today on my Captivate (yes I know I'm extremely late), and the update worked smoothly. When it turned back on after the update, the appearance looked just like how it looked when I first bought the phone, so I began putting all the widgets and icons back where I had them before the update.

I noticed Beautiful Widgets wasn't looking the way I normally have it so I went to change the weather and clock skins back to the way I had them, but none of my previously downloaded skins were there to choose from anymore. Instead it said: update to newest BW version.

I sideload-updated it to a Beautiful Widget 3.5.2 apk, which I believe is the newest version, but it still gave me the error "please update" when I tried to change the skins again.

I checked the app on the official market and saw there was a big disclaimer in the info section of the app informing Samsung Galaxy S 2.2 users that there was a snag with the samsung update and to get Beautiful Widgets to run normally again you have to factory reset your phone. I'm not the greatest informed and practiced person on the whole backing up thing.

So, before I do any of that, I was wondering if I was alone in the issue? Any advice? Anyone else on Froyo using Beautiful Widgets and having problems? Or notice anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones