• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate Problems when charging, updating,

Couldn't find anyone else having the same problems as me in the threads so thought I should start a new one. Happy Captivate owner since 9/2010. Of course has had some issues but I have dealt with them. No Smartphone is perfect. I truly do love this phone!
Here is what is happening -
SOMETIMES when the phone is charging it freezes. Black screen and will not do anything. Anyone else have this problem. Can't say that it dies because holding in the power button does absolutely nothing. Has done it at night and during the day when on the charger.
Also - checked for an update a few times lately and it looks like it is trying to connec to the servers and download something, gets the blue and red arrows in the top then FORCE CLOSES everytime. Arrows stay there but it does nothing. Of course then you can only try this every 24 hours - a little frustrating.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any solutions.
Also, since i updated to 2.2 it does not really lock the screen when I put it up to my face during a call. Or I guess I should say it UNlocks very easily. Have hung up on people numerous times!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones