• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car mount for droid Charge

I purchased both the desk dock and car mount. Both, fantastic!
Car mount includes output jack for sound, and mini-USB for power, allowing one to mount/unmount the charge and not deal with cables.
Nice, I am definately getting the car dock then. I had the one for the DroidX, and it was a love hate thing. Not only did you have to dock it, but then you had to plug in the 3.5 jack for audio, pain in the but. That, and the suction wasnt very good, and would fall off the window at the most inconvenient times. Is there an opening for the back camera? I really liked making videos of my snowy night rides home in fast motion with the DroidX. Sadly, the Charge doesnt have fast motion recording. :(

Upvote 0
I purchased both the desk dock and car mount. Both, fantastic!
Car mount includes output jack for sound, and mini-USB for power, allowing one to mount/unmount the charge and not deal with cables.

Where did you find the DESK dock for sale? I couldn't find it in stores or on-line; even Amazon.com says "out of stock/net yet in stock" ...!

Upvote 0
yeah I bought the gps mount yesterday and I have to say it is great, auto puts you in car mode, but u can get out by pulling the notification bar down and clicking disable. IDK how it does it but you can plug your aux cable in the bottom jack near the charger jack and it plays your music through it, how? lol. But the mount is def worth it! and yeah 1st thing I did on my way home from work yesterday was record about 5 min haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones