• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories car mount pics

Not sure how to go about transfering it to another phone. I imagine it's tied to your google account and not your phone though. This is my first android device so i've never had to transfer apps.

Thanks for you info. I might give CoPilot a try first though as it's only 4.99. At that price it may not be the best but as a backup I'm sure it'll pass. Although I'm temped to get Navigon before the price goes up. I also need to find out about transferring it since I am trying out a second phone now and doesn't know for sure which I'm keeping. hmmm waht to do what to do:thinking:

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Thanks for you info. I might give CoPilot a try first though as it's only 4.99. At that price it may not be the best but as a backup I'm sure it'll pass. Although I'm temped to get Navigon before the price goes up. I also need to find out about transferring it since I am trying out a second phone now and doesn't know for sure which I'm keeping. hmmm waht to do what to do:thinking:

Thanks again

All paid for apps follow you Google acc, so if you get a new phone it will let you put it on that one.

Upvote 0
All paid for apps follow you Google acc, so if you get a new phone it will let you put it on that one.

Well I bought copilot and while you can transfer it its not that simple. With cp you have to de-activate it first. Btw for 4.99 co pilot is an awesome backup gps. Heck its even good as your primary gps. Does anyone have hands on with both cp and navigon for a comparison?

Upvote 0
I've tried Dock Nothingness and looked at some other apps but nothing seems to prevent the car dock app from coming up. I would prefer that it didn't come up because it's basically worthless to me. I thought there might be a magnet in the car mount to activate it but after ripping it apart I see no magnet. With just the little circuit board that I removed from the mount if I plug it into the phone (with no power connected) it puts it into car cradle mode. I want to be able to use the mount for power and audio (when 2.2 comes out). I just want to prevent the car cradle app from coming up and I don't want to root the phone to do it.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I'm completely comfortable with desoldering/soldering anything off/on the board.

Curt

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this dock would work for me for two reasons. First off, there doesn't seem to be a lot of space on my dash to place it and I don't know if I want to place it on my windshield either because of decreased visibility issues. I have an 09 Vibe by the way. Anybody have one of those that uses this dock? Hopefully, I can find someone or a retailer who can let me try to fit it in before I buy one. Secondly, if I understand correctly, plugging into this dock triggers the Verizon Navigator app, which I don't use as I don't want to pay a monthly charge. I use CoPilot Live, which cost $4.99 and works fine on this phone with no monthly charges, except I wish there was an option to make the map view fill the whole screen, as it is a bit small to view from any distance. If I understand, there is some kind of circuit board or something in the mount that triggers the Verizon app. Can something in the phone be changed to make it bring up my preferred app instead rather than doing some hardware changes?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this dock would work for me for two reasons. First off, there doesn't seem to be a lot of space on my dash to place it and I don't know if I want to place it on my windshield either because of decreased visibility issues. I have an 09 Vibe by the way. Anybody have one of those that uses this dock? Hopefully, I can find someone or a retailer who can let me try to fit it in before I buy one. Secondly, if I understand correctly, plugging into this dock triggers the Verizon Navigator app, which I don't use as I don't want to pay a monthly charge. I use CoPilot Live, which cost $4.99 and works fine on this phone with no monthly charges, except I wish there was an option to make the map view fill the whole screen, as it is a bit small to view from any distance. If I understand, there is some kind of circuit board or something in the mount that triggers the Verizon app. Can something in the phone be changed to make it bring up my preferred app instead rather than doing some hardware changes?

Can't help with the space issue but as far as the mount goes. You can install different car home apps that don't bring up verizons shizz. You can also use Google Nav or mps for navigation for Free (and better IMO) .

To make Copilot full screen there are two arrows on the bottom right corner that will expand it. Note though that you get different info depending on how the screen is set.

The mount triggers the car home app when you slide the usb connection into the phone however it is not fully functional until (if ever) they update the phone to 2.2 and you will not be able to plug in any audio that way. If you still want the mount you can easily turn you phone around and have access to the usb and audio jack and can plug it then that way. (yes it sucks they are selling non working accessories) If you do it that way you can start any app you want as it won't trigger and auto start car app.

The good thing about selling non working accessories is that they have made an implied promise to update the damn phone at some point when though is any bodies guess) It does hold the phone nicely though and it easy to snap the phone in and out of. And for 4.99 Copliot is a steal and a good backup if you ever lose you connection.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones