• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Carrying an extra battery

CBitez

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I am due for an upgrade in May. I will probably get an Evo or wait for a better phone to come out. My Hero is already bad on battery (I have done everything I can to make it decent). I was wondering do you think it's a good idea to just buy an extra battery, and when my regular one goes down to say 20%, I just swap them? I was also wondering if I did carry an extra, and it was fully charged, how long would it stay 100%? I dont want to put it in and its drained from 100 to like 60 or less from just sitting in the car, or my pocket.

I carry an extra battery for my Droid, one is older and doesn't hold a charge well (that is what I use as the 'spare'). I've never really paid attention to how long it stays at 100% while just sitting around though, but it seems to be fine even after a few days. I charge it up and toss it in my laptop bag and tote it back and forth to work. I pop it in my pocket if I'm going out and think it will be needed too, like when I go to my sister's and her kids will be playing Angry Birds endlessly. When I do use it it shows 100%...but, as I said, it's old so doesn't last a ton either if I use it a lot.
I picked up one of these on Amazon, it charges slowly but works. They seem to be about the same price on Amazon and VRZ now...

Reactions: mardod
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones