• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Case][Review] TPU-Cases Matte back black

I got my matte smoke one on Thursday. I really like it so far and think its a great value for its price. It fits perfectly and gives the phone a heftier, less fragile feel. This was not my first choice of color, but I am happier with it than I thought I would be. I'm sure I will get at least 1 more of another color at some point.

Glad you like it as much as I do. It helped my phone survive a few tumbles unscathed already. I think its much more durable than regular silicone cases. I got a gloss black one which may be too slick...looks great but grip could be better.

Upvote 0
Glad you like it as much as I do. It helped my phone survive a few tumbles unscathed already. I think its much more durable than regular silicone cases. I got a gloss black one which may be too slick...looks great but grip could be better.

Yeah, I have already dropped mine too. It is definitely better than the silicone case, which seem to stretch out and weaken with time. I don't like the glossy ones at all and I usually scratch them or even crack them.

Upvote 0
I got one of the matte black cases after reading this review ... really like it. I was always afraid this phone was going to slip out my hands ... I think a combination of the very light weight and the slippery plastic around the edges. The phone feels much more solid and comfortable when holding it now.

I actually kind of like the fact that the volume buttons are a little harder to press. I was always accidentally adjusting them when reaching for the power button. That doesn't happen any more.

Only downside is that I thought the look of the original back was kinda' cool ... a shame to cover it up ... but worth it.

Rob

Upvote 0
Ordered both the matte black & shiny black... The shiny fits perfectly & matches the phone as if it came from the manufacture that way.. Matte is ok but doesn't look as nice as the shiny & had the "tc" letters carved into the back while shiny is without any brand labeling.

The hard to press volume button complaint is a little bit over blown. Basically u don't get the "click" feedback from pressing the volume button when the case is on so its hard to know when you've successfully pressed the button.. Its not hard to raise or lower the volume, its harder to detect pressing it...if that makes sense.. Overall I'm very satisfied

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones