• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases for the Moment

Order that one a couple of days ago will let you know how it turns out!

Please let us know how you like the BODY GLOVE case.....I was going to buy it but then I had second thoughts when I said to myself that the front screen will still be exposed while hanging on my belt and this leave room for major damage to the screen face if you bang into something hard or sharp?........ right now I'm using a VERTICLE style case until I can find a big enough horizontal HOLSTER types that is BIG enough to hold the Moment comfortably for in & out use.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Please let us know how you like the BODY GLOVE case.....I was going to buy it but then I had second thoughts when I said to myself that the front screen will still be exposed while hanging on my belt and this leave room for major damage to the screen face if you bang into something hard or sharp?........ right now I'm using a VERTICLE style case until I can find a big enough horizontal HOLSTER types that is BIG enough to hold the Moment comfortably for in & out use.

Good luck
i had one on mine for a whole 2 seconds....it spread the two half apart too much!!wouldnt slide correctly!:mad:

turned around and sold it!:D

Upvote 0
That's too bad I was looking foward to the Body Glove case that I order.Oh well see how it goes if anything I will sell mine too when it gets here if I'm not happy with it.Thanks for the review!

i had one on mine for a whole 2 seconds....it spread the two half apart too much!!wouldnt slide correctly!:mad:

turned around and sold it!:D

well I got my Body Glove case and to my surprised I would give it a thumbs up.The case fits nicely and tight on the Moment and I can slide the keyboard out and in with no problems at all.The phone feels well protected with this case.

The case makes the phone a little heavy and bulky as the Moment is already bulky as it is but I will take that knowing my phone is well protected!

Upvote 0
well I got my Body Glove case and to my surprised I would give it a thumbs up.The case fits nicely and tight on the Moment and I can slide the keyboard out and in with no problems at all.The phone feels well protected with this case.

The case makes the phone a little heavy and bulky as the Moment is already bulky as it is but I will take that knowing my phone is well protected!

How is the case regarding SCREEN protection being its exposed?....

Thanx

Upvote 0
if anyone is looking for a nice horizontal belt case; i'd suggest looking into getting one that is meant for a droid, the dimensions are quite similar.

i picked this one up from amazon: Amazon.com: Premium Horizontal Leather Pouch Case for Verzion Motorola Droid A855: Cell Phones & Service

$3.20 to the door (i used PC micro store; took about a week to get here)
it fits the moment perfectly. nice snug fit but not to tight, and a hole on the bottom to finger it up. probably would NOT work with a protective case on the phone though, it would probably be too tight.

Upvote 0
Still nobody has offered a suggestion on an armband for my wife who wants to wear her Moment on her arm during workouts... Anyone?
Pete

I have an armband case that is meant for the iPod Touch that fits my Samsung Moment. You might look for one of those for your wife. I don't know the brand/exact model number because I got it a long time ago when I had a different phone, but if you go into Best Buy (that's where I got mine) and look through the aisle that has armband cases for iPods/iPod Touches, you should be able to find something to fit the Moment like I have. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I have an armband case that is meant for the iPod Touch that fits my Samsung Moment. You might look for one of those for your wife. I don't know the brand/exact model number because I got it a long time ago when I had a different phone, but if you go into Best Buy (that's where I got mine) and look through the aisle that has armband cases for iPods/iPod Touches, you should be able to find something to fit the Moment like I have. Hope that helps.

THANKS!!
Pete

Upvote 0
THANKS!!
Pete

No problem. I should point out that the case I have has a stretchy material on the back that makes it fit many phones (I think when I got it I had a Treo, then a Centro, then a Pre, now a Moment...and it has fit all of then. I pulled at the material a bit to make it fit the various phones but it holds them securely.

I bought the official sprint case and after 2 1/2 months it's already losing its ability to stay clipped on. What a waste.

What should I get-

The body glove - is this too bulky?

A case on ebay?

Any good rubberized cases that can fit in my pocket and not get stuck?

Thanks.

I bought the black plastic case from Best Buy and it seems fine. I just wish it came in other colors besides black. I haven't had my Moment long yet though.

The case is called:
Xentris Wireless - Snap-On Case for Samsung M900 Moment Mobile Phones - Black

Upvote 0
I'm curious: Of all of these cases (not holsters, but snap-on type), do they limit or hinder your access to the side buttons or the charge?/headphone plugs? And do any of them cover up your sensors?

I bought a cheap black rubberized plastic case off of ebay from touch.world. It came with a screen protector and a car charger for about $10. The case gives access to all the sensors, buttons and headset jack. I did have an issue with the edges of the case being too close to the screen edge for my fingers to drop the notification bar down. It would take a couple of tries for me to get the bar. So I took my dremel and removed a bit from that part of the case. I can now grab the notification bar the first try and it does not look that bad. I figured even if I ruined the case with the dremel I would only be out minimal money.

Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones