• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cases that will eliminate the texting problem with the curved screen?

The whole point of the S7 Edge is the sleek streamline looks and slimmed down size with curved screen which is a major selling point of this phone. However when you put a bulky case on it, not only does it defeat the two points above, it looks like any other bulky phone out there... "What brand/model did you say you had again?" your friends ask... So, I got this from:.
https://dbrand.com/shop/galaxy-s7-edge
PurpleCarbonSkin2.jpg

Oh yeah, you can still tell this is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and not another bulky looking phone....

Well, I've had this phone for 9 months now and not a drop!!! However I may be getting a case for a different reason than most... I've noticed way too much when I'm texting, the way I hold the phone, (so it won't drop) because of the way the screen wraps around the sides, I keep getting "other" letters/numbers entered while typing. Very frustrating. This means I have to type very deliberately and slowly. So, I'm wondering if getting a case will solve that problem and what cases would work.

So much for having a sleek looking curved screen phone as my next phone will not have a curved screen.

I use the Samsung Black leather cover too.

Premium quality.

I also prefer not to have my keyboard full size and mine is set to be pushed over to the Righhand side of the screen.
Actually what I do is activate one hand mode as needed. A triple click of the home button activates it. I usually use the phone two handed, and can still use it one handed if need, but the one hand mode makes it a lot more easier.

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
A good case like Spigen, Otterbox etc will solve that problem. Not only will it give more grip on the edge sides without covering the edge's and getting in the way, but it will also look sleek and slim doing it, unless you get Defender type cases that is. Getting cheap cases from eBay will prolly won't be as nice looking.
p.s love the Dbrand thing, will check their site out and see how much it is for shipping to Sydney.

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones